About 771 million people globally don’t have access to safe water. Drinking dirty water makes people ill. That’s just part of the picture… A lack of safe water and sanitation holds back development and makes it harder for communities to escape the poverty trap.
Access to safe water is an absolute necessity for everyone around the world, and taking on the issue of ensuring access to safe water requires worldwide effort.
Access to water and sanitation is a fundamental human right and essential to life, health and dignity but access to clean water is a challenge in most communities in South West region of Cameroon.
CADEF WASH term work to Improve the health of children and their families through basic sanitation and safe drinking water programs in communities.
We have been promoting access to safe drinking water, sanitation, and hygiene in communities in the southwest region of Cameroon. Our programs involve activities such as;
- Creation and Training of Water Management Committees
- Household Water Treatment
- Sensitization and Hygiene Promotion(community and school sensitization)
- Provision and rehabilitation of community water points
- Construction of Toilet Facilities for Schools and communities.